Follow these six easy steps to take a fresh Grandstream DP710 or 715 DECT Phone, either out of the box or recently restored to factory defaults, and successfully configure the base station to the DECT handsets and your phone system.
- Register the first handset with the DECT base station
- Access the Web interface of the DECT base station
- Update the firmware version of the DECT base station
- Add your new extension information to the Phone System of your choice
- Register your Grandstream DP710 or DP715 DECT Phone to the Phone System of your choice
- Configure additional DECT participants, typically as a 2nd unit to a desk phone
Register the first handset with the DECT base
- Connect the DECT base station to your network and provide the unit with power
- If your handset’s display shows Handset 1, then the automatic registration was successful. If not, you need to do it manually:
- From your first handset, go to the Main Menu
- Select handset Registration > Register > Base 1
- Enter 0000 as the PIN
Access the Web interface of the DECT base station
- From Handset 1, dial *** to access the voice control menu
- In the Voice Control menu, enter # for the Main Menu, followed by 01 for IP Setting
- Press and hold 9 until you hear “Dynamic IP Node”
- Press # again for the Main Menu, followed by 99 for the reboot menu, and then reboot your base station by pressing 9
- Wait for the handset to display Handset 1
- Revisit the Voice Control menu by dialing ***, #, and 02
- The phone will display the IP of the base station
- Use this IP address to access the base station’s web configuration with a web browser. The default admin password is “admin”
More information on the Web interface of the DECT base station can be found at: Grandstream’s website.
Update the firmware version of the DECT base station
- Before the DECT system can be used, you should update its firmware manually
- Grab the latest firmware
- Open the web interface of the DECT base station and navigate to Advanced Settings > Browse to the end of the page > “Upload from local directory” and select the firmware you just downloaded
- Reboot your DECT base station to complete the firmware update
Add your new extension information to the Phone System of your choice
Depending on the Phone System you have deployed, you may need to add the MAC address of your DECT base station, as well as specifying the user name, extension number, and appropriate passwords as required by your Phone System.
Register your Grandstream DP710 or DP715 DECT Phone to the Phone System of your choice
Contact your 888VoIP Sales Rep for the most up-to-date method of registering your Grandstream DECT Phone to the Phone System of your choice.
Configure additional DECT participants (possibly as a 2nd unit to a desk phone)
If you have been following along, you have configured your first handset. If you need to connect additional handsets, you will need to configure the SIP information for the new accounts manually. All the settings except the extension number, Extension ID and password for all SIP accounts are already configured when you provisioned the first extension.
To create more extensions in the DECT system, you need to:
- Configure a new extension in 3CX Phone System. You do not need to configure the settings in the Phone Provisioning tab
- Use the settings from an existing extension, which can work with another phone.
The Extension number, SIP ID and Password need to be manually copied over for the additional handsets. For each account, you should also:
- Change ‘Enable Headset’ to ‘Yes’
- Change ‘Hunting Group’ to ‘None’
- Change ‘Profile’ to ‘Profile 1’
Then switch to Telephone > Call Control > Line 2 and use the display name of the extension.
Repeat this process for each additional DECT extension. Remember to navigate to Update > Reboot for the settings to become effective.
Contact your 888VoIP Sales Rep today for more information on Grandstream Products!