+ Reply to Thread

"Manual" Autoprovisioning - Yealink Phones

This is a discussion on "Manual" Autoprovisioning - Yealink Phones within the 3CX forums, part of the Free VoIP Technical Support category; Ok, so my Title to this thread sounds a bit 'contradictory', so I'll explain what I mean... I understand how ...

JRayfield is offline Senior Member

Default "Manual" Autoprovisioning - Yealink Phones

Ok, so my Title to this thread sounds a bit 'contradictory', so I'll explain what I mean...

I understand how to set up autoprovisioning within 3CX to provision a phone (such as a Yealink T28).

However, I want to 'manually create' the configuration file for T28 phones (the "y000000000000.cfg" file), to set up some parameters that are not in the 3CX Provisioning Template for the Yealink T28 phone.

Once I've created my file, do I place that in this directory, on the 3CX Server?

"c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning"

If so, I want to make sure that 3CX doesn't 'over-write' that file with one created by 3CX. At want time or 'point' is this file created by 3CX, when the 3CX Template 'system' is used to create this Yealink configuration file? Basically, what do I need to do, or not do, to make sure that I don't cause 3CX to over-write my 'manually created' configuration file?

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma

Matthew is offline Moderator

That is the correct location.

3CX will overwrite those files if you add the MAC to an extension and edit that extension.

So if you are doing things custom, simply do not add the MAC of the phone to the extension. The sole purpose of adding that MAC into the Provisioning tab of an extension is to generate these files. If you are doing it, there is no need.
    Matthew Hanson
    888Voip Systems Engineer
    www.888voip.com

JRayfield is offline Senior Member

Thanks. That's the last little bit of information I needed for this to all make perfect sense.

John Rayfield, Jr.