+ Reply to Thread

Sangoma issues - ring delay and no sound

This is a discussion on Sangoma issues - ring delay and no sound within the 3CX forums, part of the Free VoIP Technical Support category; I just installed my sangoma a200 8 port. But I have 2 problems 1) I can make and receive calls. ...

ZenMasta is offline Junior Member

Default Sangoma issues - ring delay and no sound

I just installed my sangoma a200 8 port. But I have 2 problems

1) I can make and receive calls. But there is no sound. The caller/callee cannot hear the other person.

2)on inbound routes my extensions do not ring until 8 seconds after the call is made ie, call in from my cell phone, after the first ring, 8 seconds later my extensions start ringing. However I have an analog phone on a splitter on this same line and it rings almost instantly, perhaps only 1 second after the call is made. How can I configure this to be instant or the shortest delay possible?

My config on the inbound port is to connect to a ring group 10 seconds, if unanswered call queue

ZenMasta is offline Junior Member

I spent some time with sangoma support and have found the solutions.

1) Concerning the call sound. In 3cx under PSTN Devices choose the SangomaFXO gateway configured previously.
    In Gateway Hostname or IP, changed from 127.0.0.1 to the actual ip of the system. Even though the sangoma card is installed physically on the server running 3cx the ip address has to be specified.

2) ring delay. in NBE gateway Configuration>PSTN Config>Analog Configuration>Config1-FXO
    Inbound Call Handling Info>Notify Outbound Side Condition: ON-CALLER-ID (default)
    change this to ON-FIRST-RING

The ring will be nearly instant as you would expect (well that's what I wanted/expected)

Hopefully someone finds this helpful.