+ Reply to Thread

Yealink - different ringtone for internal calls and transfers

This is a discussion on Yealink - different ringtone for internal calls and transfers within the Yealink forums, part of the Free VoIP Technical Support category; Hello - using a 3cx system, customer is used to being able to know whether they have an outside call ...

Danijo is offline Junior Member

Default Yealink - different ringtone for internal calls and transfers

Hello - using a 3cx system, customer is used to being able to know whether they have an outside call coming in, or if someone from inside is trying to call/transfer to them. The outside call that comes in is always in a ring group, if that helps in answering this question at all...

Matthew is offline Moderator

At this time, Yealink with 3CX does not support distinctive ringing like you want.

You can work around this by having calls route to different extensions on different lines, or by using Groups to Prepend call types to the Caller ID. But you cannot have different audible rings.
    Matthew Hanson
    888Voip Systems Engineer
    www.888voip.com

Default just to clarify...

... you mentioned two things I can do, I am doing the second option you mentioned, about prepending the caller id... but I didn't understand the first option.

I did see a post somewhere online about having a phone registered to two different account... one account rings one way and receives the incoming calls, the other account has another ring tone and receives only internal calls. Is this similar to what you were referring to in your last post? If so, great... if not, then please help me understand... and at same time, if you could let me know if this suggestion of what I saw online will work with 3cx too..

They will still use the same ring tone, but they will come in on different lines and extensions, and you could tell the difference that way.

For Example

Internal Calls go to Extension on Line 1
    External go to calls on line 2. You can tell which type of call it is by the the line that is lit up and ringing.
    Matthew Hanson
    888Voip Systems Engineer
    www.888voip.com

Hey M -

I actually got it working to give 2 different ring tones! I created 2 accounts for each phone, gave them the same name, but two different extension numbers. When an outside call comes in, it is set to ring one account, which is set to ring as one particular tone... inside calls are using the default account, which has it's own ring tone.

But... ran into another issue. All of my BLF keys are indicating the internal extensions. So nobody knows now if a person received, and is talking on the outside call. If the person dials out, it uses the default account... which is the internal extension, and it works fine.

I believe I need this: I need for the primary/default account on the phone to be able to answer the secondary account's incoming calls. Actually, I need the primary account to be the only account that answers calls. I have to do this without forwarding the second account (because I lose the ring-tone if I do). Seems as though it would be logical to be able to do this?

cde
    cde is offline Junior Member

I know how to do this in trixbox....but not 3CX. Perhaps, giving you insight on how to do it in trixbox may be able to help you in 3CX.

In trixbox, on my inbound routes I have set the ALERT_INFO setting to "<>;info=outside"

On the Yealink phone (I am using F/W 2.60.0.110), go to Phone=>Ring and set the "Internal Ringer Text" to "outside" and then specify which distinctive ring you want incoming calls to ring with the "Internal Ringer File".

I know it isn't on the platform you are looking for, but maybe it will help you (I've never used 3CX).

Default Thanks CDE

Actually, I got it working! I'm not sure how it would work with other phones, but here's the link. http://forum.voipstore.com/3cx/753-d...nk-solved.html

It appears that 3cx is not able to pass parameters like you are evidently able to in Trixbox... but 3cx is a great program nonetheless. I got off of Trixbox, because it became pretty expensive...

I will try that method out myself, good find!
    Matthew Hanson
    888Voip Systems Engineer
    www.888voip.com

goodlight is offline Junior Member

Had a similiar request from a customer. The customer had a small office, so I was able to address it by just adding everyone to was internal to the individual phones contact list and assigning a different ring to the group. My Voip provider supported distinctive ringing, but it didn't work with the yealink.

Nick is offline Member

hi,

We are using Yealink phones with Asterisk and we have the different ringtone for internal calls set with the Internal Ringer Text on the phone,however i'm trying it with the Yealink T38 38.0.0.115 and it is not working for me, did any one noticed this problem?