+ Reply to Thread

Yealink T28 and T26 BLF not always accurate

This is a discussion on Yealink T28 and T26 BLF not always accurate within the Yealink forums, part of the Free VoIP Technical Support category; Help! We have 50 T-26's and 20 T-28's at customer's locations where the BLF is not always accurate. For example, ...

Oiltycoon is offline Member

Default Yealink T28 and T26 BLF not always accurate

Help! We have 50 T-26's and 20 T-28's at customer's locations where the BLF is not always accurate. For example, the BLF stays red after the extension is off the phone, or when you call the extension, and hang up, the BLF continues to blink red. We are running a hosted Trixbox so it is affecting most all extensions.

Customers are complaining that they do not really know if the extension is busy or not. Most chalk it up to VOIP quirks, however, the clients that we have replaced their PBX that worked for years are the ones with squeaky wheels. All phones are using the most recent firmware direct from Yealink. 6.6.0.120

Matthew is offline Moderator

What kind of PBX are you using? This may play into the equation. These problems do not exist with Certified Platforms such as 3CX and Broadsoft. Your PBX has to support "Sip Notify" for this to work properly.

Are the phones connected to the PBX via LAN or VPN?
    Matthew Hanson
    888Voip Systems Engineer
    www.888voip.com

Oiltycoon is offline Member

Trixbox. Connected via Internet to Hosted PBX. We are migrating to Asterisk 1.8 utilizing Thirdlane software.

Well I can tell you this functionality works fine (even remotely) with certified software.

The problem you are running into here, is that trixbox is not certified with Yealink, and trixbox has remote BLF issues as is.

A quick google search finds that many people have this issue, regardless of phone model.

CHeck your system logs do you see anything like this?

ERROR[3861] chan_sip.c: Unknown session refresher 0
    If so, it might be the version of trixbox you are using. This issue can occur due to problems with systems running an underlying Asterisk Core of 1.4 - You will want to use a version that is using Asterisk 1.6
    Matthew Hanson
    888Voip Systems Engineer
    www.888voip.com

You may also want to try the following changes/additions to sip.conf

allowsubscribe=yes
    limitonpeers=yes
    subscribecontext=from-internal
    notifyringing=no
    notifyhold=yes
    call-limit=99
    Matthew Hanson
    888Voip Systems Engineer
    www.888voip.com

ClassONEVoIP is offline Junior Member

I see a similar issues with BLF for one extension on a 3CX pbx.
    In a small law firm running 6 T28 phones the staff complains that they can not rely on the BLF from one extension. Sometimes its green while the user is still on the phone...

Michael Evanisko is offline Administrator

Did you update the firmware to the current latest version on this one phone in question. Yealink has released firmware with various bug fixes. Also you may want to turn keep alive on within the phone so it pings 3cx more often.

TomAllenVTG is offline Junior Member

Default I have this issue as well

I have 6 T28s and the BLFs work but not 100%. I am running freepx with asterisk 1.8.6 and I have the X.140 version of the yealink firmware which as of last week was the latest.

Michael Evanisko is offline Administrator

Tom,

What happens exactly? The light's timing is off, or sometimes just does not notice they are on/off the phone at all? Could you upload a wireshark of just 2 phones on the pbx set to BLF each other and show it not working in this?

Thanks.

Thanks for replying. There are 6 phones. You can see all of them from one physical spot by just looking around the room. A call comes in.. you talk and put them on park. sometimes all the lights light up right away. sometimes 5 of the 6 light up right away... the 6ths phone that doesnt light up could be ANY of the phones. then if you wait 20 seconds the 6th phone light will light or MAYBE it will NEVER light. The blf status fields seem to be changing in the phone system but sometimes the phones dont get the update or more specifcally must not query the phone system fast enough. ??? What can I adjust?

I dont have a wireshark on the issue - I can tell you ping times are around 50 to 70 ms on each phone and they are on their own vlan.

I see your recommendation to BLF each other. I dont know what that means or how to set that.

Thanks for your help...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAllenVTG View Post
    Thanks for replying. There are 6 phones. You can see all of them from one physical spot by just looking around the room. A call comes in.. you talk and put them on park. sometimes all the lights light up right away. sometimes 5 of the 6 light up right away... the 6ths phone that doesnt light up could be ANY of the phones. then if you wait 20 seconds the 6th phone light will light or MAYBE it will NEVER light. The blf status fields seem to be changing in the phone system but sometimes the phones dont get the update or more specifcally must not query the phone system fast enough. ??? What can I adjust?

I dont have a wireshark on the issue - I can tell you ping times are around 50 to 70 ms on each phone and they are on their own vlan.

I see your recommendation to BLF each other. I dont know what that means or how to set that.

Thanks for your help...
    I think what Michael is asking is for a Wireshark (Which can be taken from directly IN the phones Upgrade=> Advanced Tab) from two phones, one working, one failing, so that we can compare and see why this is failing.

There isn't any settings to tweak, its a simple process that "should" be working, so we would really need to see why this is failing.
    Matthew Hanson
    888Voip Systems Engineer
    www.888voip.com

I see - that will take me a bit to do, specifically since I am out for the rest of the week and it is a bit sporadic and the site is 45 minutes away. I will gather it and post it back here...

I wont have this until next week. I wonder if there is anything more I can look at in the meanwhile?

Again thanks for the help.

JRayfield is offline Senior Member

I'm also having an intermittent problem with BLF lights not lighting up when they should, on T28 phones and these are on a 3CX system.

I've found that rebooting the phone almost always fixes the problem, but then it may show up again later.

I did two packet captures in one phone (Ext 15), the first where the BLF light for Ext. 15 was not lighting up on Ext. 15, and the 2nd where it was lighting up correctly (after a reboot).

Do I need to open a ticket and attach these files to it?

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma

If you want us to take a look at your captures, you can either share a link to them (using Dropbox or somethng of that nature) or if that is not an option, then yes, please create a ticket here

www.888voip.com/support
    Matthew Hanson
    888Voip Systems Engineer
    www.888voip.com

JRayfield is offline Senior Member

Thanks Matthew.

I updated the phones in my office to the latest version of firmware and set up the Auto-Provisioning template in 3CX to disable the Intercom Barge (to get around that problem). I'm going to see how this works now with the BLF lights. I've got a feeling that they'll work fine now.

I also came across the fact that if an extension is programmed to accept more than one call, and that extension is on a call (and so the BLF light for that extension is on), and another call comes in, then when that 2nd call hangs up or goes to voice mail, the BLF light for that extension will go out (the 2nd call 'disconnecting' seems to 'trigger' the BLF light going out). I asked 3CX tech support about this and they said that this condition is happening in the phone (a T28, in this case). I've tried this with the current firmware and the previous firmware and both act this way.

I can see where this could cause problems in some systems, where the receptionists phone is programmed to accept multiple calls, and when multiple calls come in, then no one in the system will know whether or not the receptionist is really on a call or not. The BLF light for the receptionist's extension would indicate that he/she is not on a call, so if someone tries to call the receptionist from within the system, and the receptionist doesn't answer, they won't know if the receptionist is really on a call or away from the phone or just ignoring the call.

In my opinion, this really needs to be changed so that the BLF light stays on, as long as a phone is in use, no matter whether it's programmed to take multiple calls or not.

What do you think?

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma