Enhance Smartphone Collaboration: Poly Elara 60 SeriesDanielle Bucella
81% of Americans now own a smartphone – a statistic that is not shocking to most of us. Back in 2011, that percentage was vastly lower at only 35%, but in 2019, essentially all individuals are utilizing a smartphone device. A whopping 92% of all adults between 30-49, which make up a majority of the workforce, are using a smartphone device.
We broke down the stats of Americans using smartphones, but Frost & Sullivan found that 500M business workers are using smartphones at work. While 43% of employees are office-based, there is another 34% that is mobile — relying heavily on their pocket-sized devices. The remote employee, worker who has a hybrid schedule, or one traveling frequently, will want to communication on a device that is mobile-friendly.
So, what does that mean for workplace technology and VoIP solutions? Employers will need to offer a device that bridges both the traditional desk phone and modern smartphone. Enter the Poly Elara 60 Series designed for mobile-first professionals. This on-desk solution enhances smartphone collaboration and turns a smartphone into a desk phone.
Meet the Poly Elara 60 Series
The new series from Poly extends the power of the smartphone, which is docked conveniently at the front of the phone. The Elara supports both iOS and Android phones, while the dock is equipped with multi-coil wireless and/or wired charging. The adjustable dock is also shaped to effectively position the smartphone either in portrait or landscape mode. To get started, users simply drop their mobile devices on the viewing platform.
The Poly Elara 60 Series not only takes mobile collaboration to the next level, but it also:
- Becomes a familiar touchdown point for your mobile-first users when they arrive to the office
- Sports a dedicated Microsoft Teams button and allows the user to take advantage of the Microsoft Cortana Voice Assistance
- Is easy for IT to deploy, provision (with no wiring), and update (using the Elara 60 Series Companion app)
- Enables every mobile-first user to always be reachable on a single number
Elara 60 Features
The Poly Elara 60 Series extends the power of smartphones, provides the convenience of the desk phone-like experience, and is fully integrated with Microsoft Teams. Some of the key features of the series include:
- A bright, LED color display with caller information
- Large dial pad (separate from the smartphone display) with programmable soft keys
- Wirelessly stream music or media from your mobile phone
- Multi-coil wireless & corded mobile phone charging options
- Dedicated Microsoft Teams button with Microsoft Cortana Voice Assistant
- Built-in high-quality speakerphone and handset
- Easy connectivity to a wired or wireless headset (option for a Plantronics Blackwire or Voyager headset model with charging cradle)
- Advanced headset features such as smart sensors, dynamic mute alert, hi-fi stereo sound, and active noise cancelation (features vary by Plantronics headset model)
- Kensington lock compatibility to keep Elara 60 series safe & secure
- Bluetooth 4.2 with range of up to 30 feet
Looking for More Information?
To learn more about the upcoming Elara 60 Series or to discover other Poly solutions, contact the 888VoIP team at 888-864-7786. We are also available via email at [email protected]