Grandstream Hospitality Communication SolutionsDanielle Bucella
Hotels rely heavily upon their communications between reservations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, management, and hotel guests. Connecting these users and meeting their unique communication needs is easier than ever with Grandstream. Whether you want to continue using existing technology or upgrade to a solution that you can rely on, Grandstream can help wherever it’s needed. See which devices work best for each department below and read how other hotels have implemented Grandstream solutions to improve their operations.
The reservations department is the biggest driver for increasing revenue within a hotel. Reservation agents are the first point of contact when interacting with the business. Agents are frequently handling large call volumes and managing guest accounts. Ensuring that they are equipped with the right technology is crucial when trying to secure a sale.
- UCM Series of IP PBX’s: Integrate one of Grandstream’s UCM series with the hotel’s PMS system which allows Grandstream’s IP Phones to access information from the PMS while also sending call information back to the PMS.
- IP Phones: The GXP2135 high-profile desktop phone would work best for this department as it allows up to 8 lines, 4 SIP accounts, 32 speed dial keys, and is supported by Bluetooth to allow for a headset.
As the face of the hotel and guest experience, front desk staff are the backbone of operations. They are managing check in and check outs, and handling calls from guests requesting room service, wake up calls, area recommendations etc. Communicating quickly and efficiently with staff and guests can become overwhelming. With the right technology, front desk workers can organize how they interact with different areas of the hotel to run a smoother operation.
- WP820: This powerful and cordless WiFi phone comes equipped with dual-band WiFi support and 7.5 hours of rechargeable talk time. The push-to-talk feature can be used for quick communication with the housekeeping and maintenance staff.
- GXV3370: This desktop video phone can integrate with Grandstream’s security cameras and facility access systems allowing the front desk staff to monitor the hotel grounds.
- GXP2200: This extension model is the perfect choice for providing call control between each guest room. By connecting four at one time with the GXP2170 high end IP phone this solution can support up to 160 extensions.
Maintenance and Housekeeping
Between room turn downs, managing guest room requests or staying on top of the hotel grounds and maintenance is made easier using Grandstream’s mobility solutions. These departments are always on the go and don’t sit in an office where they can use a desk phone, so being able to move freely while staying connected is an important part of their day-to-day routine.
- WP820: Grandstream’s cordless WiFi IP phone has up to 7.5 hours of talk time allowing for a full shift of work without having to re-charge. The push-to-talk feature works best for instantaneous communication and by using the property WiFi, any user can roam cord free without missing a call.
- GWN7600LR: Hotels can benefit from an outdoor WiFi access point that is designed to cover up to 300 meters. With waterproof casing and heat resistant technology, guests and staff can move outside while still being connected to WiFi.
Hotel guests expect that their room comes with the right tools to make their stay a positive experience, and Grandstream has the right technology to meet the demands of today’s travelers. They will want direct access to reliable WiFi and an easy to use tool to get in touch with the hotel. Adding an IP phone in each room with dedicated buttons to connect to different areas of the hotel such as the front desk, concierge, or onsite dining ensures guests are able communicate with the hotel easily.
- GXP1610: This basic IP phone is a reliable solution to set up in each guest room. With three programmable soft keys, it can be set up to reach a specific department such as reservations, concierge, housekeeping, or the front desk.
- GWN WiFi Access Points: Grandstream’s powerful WiFi access points offer high performance networking, tremendous WiFi coverage range, and can support a large number of guests. Place these access points throughout the business so each guest may always be connected.
This post was originally featured on the Grandstream Blog by Kim Gunn, Marketing Communications Specialist for Grandstream. To stay in-the-know on everything Grandstream, directly visit their news page.