Perfect for bandwidth-intensive applications the Model 2174 delivers off-the-chart symmetrical line rates greater than 100 Mbps. Best of all—like all CopperLink™ products—the Model 2174 leverages existing copper infrastructure to deliver high speed Ethernet connectivity over voice-grade twisted pair, Cat 5e/6/7, and—new to the CopperLink™ line—coaxial cabling.
Patton CopperLink 2174 Core Features:
- Ethernet Extension - Extend 10/100Base-TX Ethernet up to 10,000 feet (3 kilometers)—well beyond the 328-foot (100-meter) limitation—over a single twisted-pair, Cat 5e/6/7, or even coaxial cable.
- Operates Over Twisted Pair - Realize fiber-optic speeds without the expense—and hassle—of installing new cables or line-of-site wireless circuits.
- Plug and Play - Set these units up straight out of the box. No configuration is required. Auto-sensing 10/100 Ethernet ports support full or half duplex operation.
- Multiple Line Rates Supported - SBoasting downstream line rates up to 168 Mbps, the switch-selectable rate mode options optimize rate and reach for the noise environment, wire gauge/type and length.
- Transparent LAN Bridging - Bypass network configuration requirements by transparently passing all higher layer protocols—including 802.1Q VLAN frames (tagged and untagged). Data-transmission mechanism is fully transparent to such IP video compression schemes as MPEG-4, H.264 and MJPEG.
- Supported by SmartNode™ Redirection Service - A free service enabling zero-touch mass deployments for Service Providers and Distributors with auto-provisioning servers