The business-class SmartNode 4112 VoIP Media Gateway supports two transparent phone calls and leverages VoIP for carrier and corporate access. Connecting to any analog phone, fax, or PBX, the SN4112 is an effective and flexible solution for toll-bypass, remote/branch office voice connectivity, and enhanced carrier services.
The SN4112 is the perfect choice for phone-to-IP connectivity supporting 2 ports. With its FXO ports, the local PSTN can be accessed enabling local calling and enhanced toll-bypass applications while using a single connected telephone. Flexible call integration allows per-port telephone numbers, programmable call progress tones, and distinctive ringing. With Telephony-over-IP (ToIP) call switching, calls can automatically be routed to the PSTN or the IP network while providing flexible numbering plans and end-to-end feature transparency. PPPoE, DHCP, and VLAN offers universal IP connectivity and optional IPSEC VPN with AES/3DES guarantees secure voice over the public network.
Patton's SmartNode 4112 delivers the legacy phone interfaces, service transparency, and flexible PSTN integration for true converged packet voice.
- Additional Information
- Core Features
- Up to 8 FXS and/or FXO ports—Compact, reliable stand-alone VoIP gateway with different port options. Supports simultaneous voice or fax calls on all ports. (note: Patton does not carry an 8-FXO unit at the present time)
- Advanced Local Call Switching—Virtual interfaces and routing tables provide industry leading flexibility in call handling programming. Local call switching, soft fallback to alternative routes. Simultaneously connects to multiple SIP services/IP PBXs.
- Complete SIP and T.38 support—Supports the complete range of industry standard VoIP: SIP, H.323, T.38 fax, fax and modem handling, DTMF relay. Codecs G.729, G.723, etc.
- Easy Management & Provisioning—Web-based management, SNMP, command line interface. Automated mass provisioning for efficient large-scale deployments.
- Outstanding Interoperability—Proven integration for voice and T.38 fax with 3CX®, Asterisk™, PingTel™ and other leading IP PBX systems and soft switch vendors.
- Supported by SmartNode™ Redirection Service: A free service enabling zero-touch mass deployments for Service Providers and Distributors with auto-provisioning servers
- Technical Info
Capacity: Up to 8 simultaneous VoIP or T.38 fax calls (depending on the model)
Voice Signaling: H.323v4, SIPv2 (B2BUA capable, multi-instance, simultaneous support of multiple registrars and direct IP dialing) • SIP call transfer, redirect • DTMF in-band & out-of-band • All tones programmable (dial, ringing, busy)
Voice Processing: CODEC G.711 a-law/mu-law, G.723, G.729ab, • G.726, G.727. T.38 fax relay (9.6 k, 14.4 k) • G.711 transparent fax and bypass
Call Switching and Services: Virtual interfaces • Regular expression based call routing and number manipulation • Number blocking • Short-dialing • Digit collection, distribution and hunt groups • Transparent line extension • Fallback Routing: Soft fallback to alternative route(s)
FXS Connectivity: 2-wire Loopstart on RJ-11/12 • Short haul loop 1.1km @3REN • EuroPOTS (ETSI EG201188) • programmable AC impedance, feeding, ring and on-hook voltage • Caller-ID FSK and ITU V.23/Bell 202 generation
FXO Connectivity: 2-wire Loopstart on RJ-11/12 • Programmable impedance, ring detection, tone detection, disconnect supervision • Caller ID detection
IP services: One 10/100 Ethernet port • DHCP Client • access control lists • Traffic policing • IEEE 802.1p, TOS, DiffServ labeling • IEEE 802.1Q, VLAN tag insertion/deletion (simultaneous support of multiple VLANs) • IPSEC, IKE, AES/DES/3DES Encryption (optional)
Management: Web/HTTP, CLI with local console and remote Telnet access • TFTP configuration & firmware loading • SNMP MIB II and product MIB • Secure Mass provisioning for both firmware and unit/subscriber configuration • Built-in diagnostic tools (trace, debug, call generator)
System: CPU Motorola MPC870 @ 66MHz • Memory 32MB SDRAM/8MB Flash • Power 100–240 VAC (50/60 Hz) • Power dissipation 4-12W, model dependent
Environment: Temp.: 32–122°F (0–50°C) • Humidity: Up to 90% (non condensing)
Compliance: EMC compliance: EN55022 and EN55024 • Safety compliance: EN 60950 • CE compliance • FCC Part 15 Class A • TBR21 (FXS) • RoHS
- Model Series