The Ribbon EdgeMarc 6000 is the newest addition to the Intelligent Edge family. It acts as a flexible demar-cation/service insertion/control point device with physical telephony ports and power to run multiple virtual network functions (VNFs). Specifically designed for unified communications offerings, this network device can connect to a variety of digital and analog legacy systems. Its ARM®-based architecture reduces capital expense while automated “zero touch” provisioning, remote monitoring and management reduce operating expense. The EdgeMarc 6000 has plenty of room to run VNFs to meet customer-specific needs
The 6000 offers dual Ethernet and Optical WAN connections to extend the capabilities of Ribbon’s Network Edge Orchestration platform, supporting WAN connections up to 1 Gbps and 300 concurrent calls. It supports both outbound and inbound analog line (FXO/FXS) for applications such as PSTN fail-over, fax, and overhead paging.
Ribbon EdgeMarc 6000 Core Features:
- Scalable configuration based on session license and field upgradeable as business need grows
- Topology hiding, encryption, and protection against Denial of Service attacks
- Supports data rates up to 1 Gb/s
- QoS: Traffic shaping, prioritization, guaranteed bandwidth and call admission control
- Combined deployment of EdgeView Service Control Center and EdgeMarc Intelligent Edge™ allows for efficient remote monitoring and comprehensive troubleshooting